4-H Silent Auction July 3rd during Jackson’s Energy Annual Meeting
Help send Jackson County kids to 4-H Camp by attending the 2nd Annual Jackson County 4-H Silent Auction during the Jackson Energy Annual Meeting held at the Jackson Energy Farm on July 3 from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 pm. Please see the items below that will be auctioned off. Bids start at $10.00.
- 5 night stay at Los Establos Boutique Inn, Boquete, Panama (Value $2,700) Restrictions Apply
- 7 nights of accommodations for up to two rooms at St. James’s Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia (Value $2,100) Restriction Apply
- 7 nights of accommodations for up to 2 rooms at The Verandah Resort and Spa, Antigua (Value $2,700) Restrictions Apply
- 7 nights of accommodations for up to 2 rooms at the St. James’s Club, Antigua (Value $3,000) Restrictions Apply
- 2 Kings Island Tickets, Cincinnati, Ohio (Value $119.98)
- 4 Lexington Legends Tickets, Lexington, Kentucky (Value $75.00)
- 4 Cincinnati Reds Tickets (Value $80.00)
- 2 Dollywood Tickets with 4 Gatlinburg Tram Tickets, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (Value $156.00)
- 4 Corvette Museum Tickets and 4 Half Price Coupons for Beech Bend Park Bowling Green, Kentucky (Value $100.00)
- 4 Tickets to Adventure Falls Mini Golf, Richmond, Kentucky and 4 Meal Tickets to Raising Canes Restaurant (Value $60.00)
- 2 Tickets to Creation Museum, Petersburg, Kentucky(Value $59.90)
- 2 Tickets to Wonder Works Museum Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; (Value $55.00)
- Beautiful 50 X 60 Quilt donated by Jackson County Bank (Value $50.00)
- 6 Half-Price Ticket Coupons to Beech Bend Park Amusement Park, Bowling Green, Kentucky (Value $90.00)
Please make sure that you stop by the 4-H Silent Auction table on July 3 at the Jackson Energy Farm from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. to bid on these great items. 4-H Silent Auction winners will be announced at 9:00 p.m. on July 3. Winners will have 7 days to pay and pick up their items at the Jackson County Extension Service located beside Farm Bureau in McKee. If items are not paid and picked up within 7 days; the next highest bidder will be offered the item. For more information please contact Verlene Congleton, Jackson County Extension Agent for 4-H and Youth Development, at 287-7693.
ett Tours Trip for 2 to Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah Oct. 5-9th (Value $1,200.00)
4-H County Demonstration Change Due to Snow Days!!
All Jackson County Elementary Schools and Annville Christian Academy normally have a 4-H Demonstration competition at each school prior to the 4-H County Event. However due to the shortage of school days due to weather all youth interested in doing a 4-H Demonstration will NOT have a competition at their school, instead they will just compete on Friday, April 11 on the second floor of the old courthouse at 10:00 a.m. Youth in 4th and 5th grades will receive instructions and view an actual demonstration at their school on how to do a 4-H Demonstration by Verlene Congleton, 4-H Agent for Youth Development. Also, instructional CD’s will be available for parents and students (age 9-18) to pick up at the Jackson County Cooperative Extension Service. Pre-registration is required for this event. Registration forms will be available at the Elementary schools or on-line at the Jackson County Cooperative Extension service website, www.ca.uky.edu/jackson.
Registration forms must be completed and turned back in no later than April 4 at the Jackson County Cooperative Extension Service. For more information please visit the Jackson County Cooperative Extension Office web page or call Verlene Congleton, County Extension Agent for 4-H and Youth Development at 606-287-7693.
The Jackson County Extension Service is now taking orders for the following plants: Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Asparagus and Candy Onions. We are also taking orders for the following rootstock: Semi-Dwarf Apple and Semi-Dwarf Pear. For more information please see the photos below or call the Jackson County Extension Service at (606) 287-7693.
GROW YOUR OWN BUSINESS!
Are you interested in starting your own home-based business? Do you have a recipe or food product idea that you would like to develop? You can greatly enhance your income by growing a prdouct and creating a recipe. The Jackson County Extension Service is offering a limited number of scholarships to anyone who wants to use the Jackson County Regional Food Center to develop their product. Call (606) 287-7693 for more information. You can also check out the Jackson County Regional Food Center Website by visiting www.jcfoodcenter.com.